Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Your Weekly: D'AWWWW Moment

I decided that this blog was quite ranty, and while I am a firm believer in ranting when it is appropriate, I am also a big believer in teh cute.

This week's moment of cute is brought to you by The New York Times in this article about children's books. Besides just being a well written post about the beautiful whimsy in those particular children's books, there was this quote:

The book is a bit Hayao Miyazaki-esque in the way magical fancy interrupts an otherwise naturalistic setting; one picture even shows the bear and Emma side by side under umbrellas, in patent homage to “My Neighbor Totoro.” But who among us wouldn’t want a Totoro-like companion to call her own? (Emphasis mine) 


Who indeed? I'm sort of in love with this writer now for her nonchalant reference to an incredibly geeky childhood cute thing. Thank you Pamela Paul, for giving me hope that working at the behemoth of NYT does in fact allow you to enjoy whimsy and cute. Go read the article and support a geeky girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment